Combination system for pinpointing and sheath fault location
The Digiphone plus pinpoints underground cable faults with unprecedented accuracy and sets a new standard by applying innovative audio concepts. This combination results in a pinpointing device for high resistive faults that is unsurpassed in sensitivity.
Digiphone plus works off the “thunder and lightning principle” of fault location. In the same way you can measure how far away a storm is by counting the distant between a faster lightning flash and its slower thunder, this pin pointer works by measuring the energy around an underground fault. If you think of the flashover at a fault as the lightning, the Digiphone measures distance by figuring timing between that electromagnetic “flash” and the seismic (or acoustic) jolt also created at the moment of flashover.
Digiphone+ NT Set for sheath fault pin pointing. The ESG NT earth fault locator measures the step voltage potential produced by a test generator underground.
- Finds the fault with unprecedented accuracy
- Offers simple visual directions
- Possesses smart background noise reduction
- Automatically limits audio volume to 84 decibels
- Requires no user adjustments
- Also offered with optional sheath fault location capability as the Model Digiphone-NT