The SMART THUMP ST Series of cable fault locators provides safe, efficient and easy-to-use solution for quickly identifying, pre-locating and pinpointing various types of cable faults for power cables. The ST Series was developed to meet the requirements for typical low- and medium-voltage distribution cable fault location markets. Circuit parameters include: System voltage up to 35 kV Insulation EPR or XLPE Typical conductor sizes between #2 and 500 MCM (34 mm2 to 250 mm2) Typical circuit lengths from a few hundred feet (100 m) up to 3 miles (17,000 ft or 5,000 m). Typical end users include: operations department of power utility The ST Series incorporates the unique capability to access and operate every function through an innovative and intuitive user interface, without the need to make adjustments and the software suggests the next logical step. The interface is shared with the EZ-thump units making operation of both sets totally interchangeable from the viewpoint of training and skill sets of operators.
Portable Cable Fault Location System with built in TDR.
- Delivers 1500 J at 8 or 16 kV
- 16 kV DC high voltage proof test and insulation resistance test
- Easy Go automatic test sequence to proof test, pre-locate and pinpoint
- Interprets test results for user
- 5.7 in. transflective colour display
- Safety / grounding check
- USB interface
- In a stroke of genius, the Smart-thump 16 uniquely shares the exact same front panel and operating system as the EZ-Thump range and this offers a major attraction to customers seeking to have standardisation between LV and MV thumpers, especially when it is typically the case that MV thumpers would be used less often than the LV ones.